Getting to know the life of a home-based worker
A typical home-based worker is recognized as someone who goes to work wearing pyjamas, without combing hair or brushing teeth and sometimes, even without taking a bath. This is how people picture home-based writers and bloggers. However, how would you describe yourself as a home-based worker? How will you change people’s perspective about online workers?
- Work place- As someone who is working at home you need to be responsible of your work place. Hence, you have to provide a clean and well-organized work area to motivate yourself to work harder. Providing a spacious work table, some folder bins for your files and other work materials properly organized is very much recommended to promote an engaging work place. Other than that, you have to follow a specific checklist of your to-do-list every day.
- Working professionally- To be able to work in a professional manner you have to think as a professional person. That means, being serious with work, meeting deadlines and communicating well with your clients. Working professionally is the key to being successful as an online worker.
- Follow a strict work-schedule- It is very important that you follow a strict work schedule to be able to meet deadlines and accomplish more projects. Setting aside a specific hour when you should start working and when you should be able to finish your tasks would be great. You will get accustomed to it and eventually you will be able to follow this timetable that will result to more accomplished tasks.
- Provide professional materials- This might not be important to you but it has a lot to do with building your credibility as a professional worker. Therefore you have to provide materials that would keep the business going such as newsletters, calling cards and a reliable phone service. Furthermore, you have to create your customized logo, website banner and professional looking layout for your website.
- Use Skype- If you want to spend less on your expenses you have to use certain mediums that offers low fees such as Skype. This way, you don’t have to pay extra charges for using the phone. With Skype you can enjoy very low fees as much as you want. Nonetheless, you have to provide additional gadgets like headsets and web cam.
- Applying Voip/SIP- If you are handling a business which revolves around SEO and real estate you have to use VoIP known as SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) which effectively sends information and secure all calls compared to Skype. However, you have to deal with SIP trunking providers which cost depends on the calls made.
- Using mobile phone- Using your mobile phone to make phone calls can be advantageous provided that you have reliable service provider that can generate quality calls. That means, clear and understandable inbound and outbound calls through your mobile phone. If not, then you will have to stick with your telephone. Nonetheless if you are in the field of advertising, SEO and real estate you will have to use your mobile phone in making calls most of the time, since most likely you will receive a lot of calls from clients even when you are not at your office and after work hours. At the same time, you will make a lot of calls in communicating with your prospect clients and dealing with other issues.
- Concentrate on your job- Focus is the key to get successful in this kind of job. If you are out-of-focus and your focus tends to go somewhere else most likely your job will suffer. That’s way you have to concentrate on your job very well and finish your tasks efficiently. This attitude will result to a successful endeavour.
People are not born with the ability to get focus. We have to learn how to be focused in one thing and improve it well. Sometimes the problem with us is that we tend to get focused in numerous things at the same time. Thus we have to evaluate ourselves and ask what we really wanted to get focused and to have one goal and to be able to achieve that goal.
Determine the things that you have accomplished as well as those you have not accomplished. Ask yourself how you will be able to accomplish all these tasks. Then do you best the next time until you become accustomed to doing the best every time you work. With the help of these tips, attitude and professional materials you will be able to become a successful and highly profitable home-based worker.